Sierra Co-op Pre-School
SUSD’s comprehensive educational system begins with a parent co-op preschool program allowing children, in both 3-year-old and 4-year old classes, to participate in early-learning and social activities. Together parent and child gain a strong foundation for successful educational development.
Through instruction and parental participation, Sierra co-op preschool exposes children to the building blocks of learning; colors and shapes, letters and numbers, art, song and social interaction.
Foothill Elementary School
Friendship, Effort, Success
SUSD’s elementary school programs focus on academics while promoting a well-rounded child; scholastically, physically and emotionally. Along with a comprehensive foundation of state-approved and regulated instruction for academics, our students form a community where lifelong friendships are formed and individual talents are nurtured.
- Kindergarten – 4th grade vocal classes
- 5th & 6th grade students can play an instrument in band
- GATE activities for qualified 3rd-6th graders
- Educational field trips
- Active PFA club
- Up-to-date library media center, computer lab, including a portable iPad lab (over 18,000 books; about 23 books per student)
- Eagle’s Nest - affordable before & after school childcare
Sierra Junior High School
Home of the Warriors
This small and friendly campus sits adjacent to Sierra High School and enjoys many of the benefits of the High School campus. Our students’ sense of community and friendship are strengthened as they move through junior high together.
- Competitive Sports & Academic clubs
- Engaging electives: Industrial Technology, Computers, Art, Music, and Introductory Agriculture
- Average class size of 26 students per class
- Directed Studies for struggling students and Enrichment programs for advanced students built into the school day
- Class trips to gain knowledge in science & cultural studies
- Up-to-date library media center, computer lab, including a portable iPad lab shared with the high school
Sierra High School
A California Distinguished School
Established in 1922, Sierra High School has a long tradition and history of excellence; in academics, athletics, music, art and agriculture education. Students are enriched with diverse science programs, challenging language arts curriculum and diverse elective opportunities.
- California Business for Education Excellence Honor Roll School (2012)
- Listed in top 6% in the nation by “US News and World Report.” (2012)
- Variety of AP courses: Statistics, Calculus, US History, Literature, Composition, Biology, Studio Art and Physics.
- Career Pathways in: Agriculture; Wildland Recreation & Ecology; Teaching Careers; Heavy Equipment Mechanic; Film & Cinema Production and Health Care Industries.
- Award winning agriculture education program, including: 260 acre working farm, meats lab, heavy equipment classes, annual woodcuts, award winning public speaking and FFA program
- Award winning athletics program
- Average class size of 28 students per class
- 89% of students move on to vocational training, community colleges or universities
- Comprehensive music program including choir, vocal ensemble, basic/advanced band, and jazz band.
- Partnerships with military recruiters for interested student mentoring and military career planning.
- Comprehensive art program including video production, Art 1-3, Ceramics 1-2, and AP Art Studio.
- Up-to-date library media center, computer lab, including a portable iPad lab shared with the jr. high school (over 13,000 books; about 22 books per student)